If your noise source is limited to your home (and property) then you’re in luck. You have much greater control over how the noise can be resolved.
Follow this simple procedure to locate the noise.
- Power your receiver with a 12v battery so you’re independent of the mains supply
- You can start by turning off each circuit on your mains control board and checking to see if the noise disappears
- You can progressively work through your house and property switching off and unplugging all consumer electronics
- You can also use the DF Loop to try to locate the noisy equipment.
- A combintion of the above should help you to narrow down any noise in your house.
When combined, these two approaches should help you identfy the offending noise/s.